Letter No. 64 | Tuesday March 14, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #638
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

V-MAIL SERVICE
ENGLAND
Tuesday March 14, 1944

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

We have made a move since I wrote to you last. We are in a nicer part of the country, or at least, I think so. We are temporarily living in tents now, but they are not bad either. They are big, and 6 men stay in one tent. There is a big stove in it that gets so warm that we have to keep the door open for ventilation. We get good food here, and are just as well off here if not better at the other place.

I got a picture of Anna Ruth's baby today. It is a cute little thing isn't it?

Where did you get the idea that I would think of staying in the Service after the war is over. Listen, if I can be the first one home, I will be there the fastest way I know how.

I am writing this V-Mail to get even with you for writing so many to me. Try regular mail for a change. Take care of yourself and write soon.

Love "U",
George