Letter No. 54 | Thursday December 23, 1943

Pfc. George Dicus
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H)
A.P.O. #9153
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

Thursday December 23, 1943

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

You will have heard from Anna Ruth before you get this letter, telling about me getting to see her two times. She seems to be doing fine, and that little girl of hers sure is cute. Paul was pretty sick the first time I was there, but was just about well day before yesterday. I am going in to see them again "Xmas" if I can.

I told her to write to you for both of us, and she said she would.

I have also been to N.Y. two times, and really covered the big city. We had a good time just going around looking.

The mail is very sow getting to us. I got a letter from you today written Dec. 9, and I have already gotten one written about the 13th. Maybe they will all catch up with me sometime. I hope.

I got the money ($25), and bought a watch today. I bought it from one of the fellows in the Co. for $20. It is a 17 jewel Croydon, and is a good watch.

I got a "Xmas" card from Snead Junior College today. I wonder how they got my address. I also got a card from the church.

This has been a long day and I am getting sleepy, so good night until later.

Love always,
George