Letter No. 62 | Tuesday February 22, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H)
A.P.O. #638
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Tuesday February 22, 1944

Dearest Mother and Dad,

Really, I am O.K., and I hope you recover from this big shock, and there is not too much of a strain trying to decide how I got $30 together to send home. The secret is, I can't find anything to spend it on. I know this is mighty bad for my reputation, but there is nothing I can do about it.

I haven't noticed which gets here first, but I had much rather get regular mail than V-Mail, if you had just as soon. Personally, I think V-Mail mail stinks.

Did Bill and Erskine get home at the same time? That is a lucky break for both of them to graduate at the same time. I am glad they made it. I think that gunnery is almost as good as pilot, and they shouldn't feel too bad to get chiseled out of it.

Ed and J.W. are really fast aren't they? I guess, to top all of it off, I will have to bring back on of these English girls. Don't worry, there is not one here that would interest any one I don't think.

I got a letter from Aunt Ruth, I guess she will be surprised when she gets a letter from me before I have had time to get hers. I will answer it soon though.

Where do you get this stuff that Dot Green was my girl. That old "bag." If I was even out with her, for pete sake keep it quite, I must have slipped up. Tell David he is doing O.K. though her little sis is cute.

Tell Eliz that I got her letter, and sure will answer it right away. I consider that very rare, even though I have been waiting for it for some time.

Anna Ruth is doing O.K. for a change. She has been writing a lot. I still haven't gotten the picture though.

Mother, If I answered all the questions you ask, you would only get the margins to the paper. I can't tell much about a movement or any dates. I guess I will just have to wait and tell you when I get back. Is that O.K.? I am fine though, and everything so far has been O.K.

In case you should ever need to cable me, the cable code is "AMGASU Platform". The slow cable is slower than a letter, so don't send one unless necessary.

Take care of yourself, and write soon.

Love,
George