Letter No. 76 | Saturday July 29, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Saturday July 29, 1944

Dearest Mother,

I got your letter dated July 15 yesterday. I also got letters dated as far back as June 5. Mail is coming through O.K. now though, and we should get it fairly regular I think.

Everything is pretty dull around here now. Nothing to do much now but the usual routine work.

I haven't been away from camp in some time. We have several radios, phonographs, and records. We play ball, and have a lot of ways to amuse ourselves. I had just as soon stay around camp. You were asking if I have met any girls around here. I have met several nice girls. Usually at a dance, and that is the last time I will see them.

I get the county papers, but they are always at least a month old. I am glad to get them though. I don't think anything happens that gets by the paper, and I wouldn't hear about it otherwise.

I am glad daddy likes Washington, but that is a long way from home. In fact too far.

I received a letter from Anna Ruth yesterday. She said she was looking forward to you coming up to see her this summer. You be sure and go, because I know you will have a good time.

I wrote to Mess Hodges and asked him to send me a few rolls of film about three weeks ago. I got a half doz. rolls day before yesterday. That was pretty fast don't you think? It takes a long time to get them developed over here, but I will send you some of the prints if they are good when we take the pictures. Of course, I told Mess to put the bill on daddy's account. You thought I would quit that when I got away, but I fooled you again didn't I?

That's all for this time. Be good, and don't forget to write.

I love you,
George