Letter No. 75 | Saturday July 22, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Saturday July 22, 1944

Dearest Mother,

I would lie to see warm weather like you say you have back home now. It has been pretty warm here a couple of times but it doesn't last long. We wear our woolen dress clothes, and I sleep under 4 blankes. It isn't cold, but it is usually damp at night and blankets feel good.

I haven't heard from Daddy yet. I have a letter written to him now, but for the sake of me, I can't find his address. I am glad he likes his work out there, and the country but still, I hope he comes back home soon.

You might as well forget about me ever being in danger as far the work that I am in with this outfit. In fact, some of us might be transferred out to different branches of the Service. Probably not soon, but there is always a chance. If it should happen don't think anything about it, because we will be kept in units that service, because we do not have combat training.

Old David has really gotten himself into something when he started to work at the drug store. I enjoyed working there while I was going to school, and I think he will, but it is no good for a regular job.

I don't know what I am going to do when I get home now. We will just wait and see what comes up. If I should go back to school, I would go to Georgia, but I don't think I will go.

I get the county papers, but the are about a month old when they get here. Not much to them, but they are nice.

The schools have started again no, so I guess you are back in the saddle again. I wonder who will take coach O'brien's place. I surely did hate to hear about his death. He was a good guy, and had a lot of friends. He was always good to me.

We have our tent fixed up pretty nice now. It has a wood floor and wooden braces going around the sides.

The letter I got from you today, was written July 11. I feel sure that I should have some back mail coming in pretty soon. I haven't heard from Anna Ruth in some time either.

I guess that is about all for this time Mother, but I will write again soon.

I am in the best of health, feel fine, and am in no danger.

Stay wonderful, sweet, and well.

I love you,
George