Letter No. 78 | Sunday August 20, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Sunday August 20, 1944

Dearest Mother,

I haven't written to you for about two weeks, but you can't say that I didn't warn you this time.

I have been on Temporary Duty, working at another station for about a week, but am back in this company now, and will probably stay with it for the duration. I hope so anyway.

When I got back, there were several letters for me from you. They were all pretty new. I think the oldest one was about 18 days old.

Everything is pretty nice here at the new camp. We have nice huts to live in, showers close by, radio, movies every night, a big day room, and a nice mess hall, and good food.

I am going to write to Bill and try to meet him on a pass. It is pretty hard to get the passes at the same time though.

Everything looks good now, doesn't it? Maybe the war will be over pretty soon, and then they can't sent me home too soon.

For a change, the weather has been pretty nice here. In fact, it was hot for a few days. Maybe it will stay that way for a few days, or at least, I hope so.

I want you to go up to see Anna Ruth this summer. I know she will be disappointed if you don't come, and you will have a good time there also. Maybe daddy will be home in time to go up with you.

We had ice cream today for the first time since I have been over here. We will have it twice a week from now on though. I don't think the English have ever heard of refrigeration, because you don't see any sighs of it in town.

That is all for this time. Take care of yourself, and write soon.

Love,
George