Letter No. 79 | Sunday September 17, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M,H,L, or D)
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, N.Y.

England
Sunday September 17, 1944

Dearest Mother and Anna Ruth,

It is about time that part of the family got back together for a little while at least. A lot more is accomplished when one letter is good for both of you. I guess you will both agree that I owe you a letter. No need for me to say that I will start writing real often, because I guess I would just break that promise. Why does the Dicus family hate to write letters?

Mother, I am so glad that you did go up to see Anna Ruth., and am sure she is very happy herslf. Have a good time and stay at least a month.

Everything looks pretty good on the other side, doesn't it? When you go back to see Anna Ruth the next time, it will be about time for me to hit N.Y. If that should happen, we would really celebrate, wouldn't we?

It will be O.K. by me if Nina wants to send me a fruit cake. I will just wait now and see if she does come through.

I got the pictures of mother and daddy, but the pictures of Martha haven't come yet. I don't know if they were supposed to be in the letter, or if you were going to send them.

Anna Ruth, I hope your hoof is O.K. by now. The arches will probably put you back in top shape.

I can't imagine Aunt Anna writing to me or to anyone else as a matter of fact. Guess I will try to write to her sometime though.

I have been doing a little traveling around England picking up equipment for this Co. I have a lot of fun, but it does get a little tiresome bouncing around in a Jeep on some of the long runs.

They have an Army Forces Broadcasting system set up over here now and we get good programs. We have a radio in the building where I sleep, and one where I work also.

We are at the same station as before, and it is still just as nice. Shows every night, and etc.

Going to eat now but will write again soon. Take care of yourself and have a good time.

My love,
George