Letter No. 83 | Thursday October 19, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H)
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, N.Y.

V-MAIL SERVICE
France

Thursday October 19, 1944

Dearest Mother,

Right now, you owe me a lot of letters, but when the mail starts coming in, I will probably owe you a few myself. I am expecting a big mail call sometime soon though, and then I will probably have enough mail to keep me satisfied for a while.

We have moved again and it is a little better here. There is a lot of grass around the camp, so there is not so much mud as there was at the last place.

I never did hear from Bill while I was in England. He is probably still there, but I don't guess I would have got to see him if I had of stayed there. There is supposed to be a boy from Scottsboro around here somewhere. I think his name is Hickenbottem. Will look him up when I get a chance.

We still don't get air mail stamps, so you had better send me a couple when you get a chance. You can start writing me a few V-Mails along if you want to, because they say that they will come quicker this winter than the other mail.

We are getting fresh meat every day now and everything is a lot better than it was at first. Now that we are getting settled down, we will be O.K.

Take care of yourself, and write me often. I will get your letters sooner or later, and it will be good to hear from you even though the mail is a little old.

Lots of love,
George