Letter No. 108 | Thursday March 29, 1945

Cpl. George Dicus 34700627
Hq & Hq Sqdn,
IX Air Force Service Command
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Mr. L. H. Dicus
Box 175
Scottsboro, Alabama

V-Mail
France
March 29 1945

Dearest Mother, Daddy, and Anna Ruth,
Things are really going to start popping here for the next few days. Spring is in the air, and I guess the love bug is pretty busy, or at least it is around here. Several of the guys are going to get engaged or I mean married in the near future to the WACs that are here in the same base that I am. Tomorrow is my day off, and I am going down to Versailles with Jones, and he is going to get his first wedding over with. That sounds kinda funny doesn't it. You see, they have to be married by the French authorities, and they want to have a church wedding, so it does not come off until tomorrow, compree? I have one of his invitations, and also one for one of the fellows, and a girl that works in the same section that I do. I will send them home pretty soon before I love them.

I have gotten back from the service club. I had 4 dishes of ice cream, and 2 cokes. The place is fixed up pretty nice, and is a good place to spend time. It is covered over head, and all around the sides with old parachutes. They have dyed them all colors, and have made table clothes out of them also. It is very pretty, but I am afraid that I have made a pig of myself tonight. Am I full.

Ware news is OK now huh? Just hope that there is not another stop until this thing is over, and that it won't be long before it is over.

You remember the Lt. that censored my mail in the 859th for a while? Lt. Schattschneider, I saw him last night at a town not far away from here. He has been transferred out also and is in a Hq. outfit now. I was at a basketball tournament, and we won out in the finals as champs for Ninth Air Force. What a team they have got here. They are to play in another tournament, and will probably go right through it also.

I have heard a lot about Pairs in the spiny, it is really nice now. Everything is out, and it looks very nice. We plan to try to get in soon and try to take some pictures. I will be there tomorrow, but not for long.

Jones is waiting for me to write this letter, and his fallen over on the table, and gone to sleep.. Guess I had better rustle him, and go down to the tent, and go to bed.

Hope go get some mail from you soon. Had a couple of letters from you last wee, but it was not too late. I can't fuss though, because you have been very good to write.

Good night, and the best of everything for the very nicest family.

Lots of love,
George