Letter No. 114 | Saturday April 21, 1945

Cpl. George Dicus 34700627
Hq & Hq Sqdn,
IX Air Force Service Command
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Ms. Paul J. Campbell
Chattanooga, Tennessee

[NOTE: I don't much think the year is correct on this one. The envelope was missing and my grandmother had written 1945 at the top.]
England
April 21, 1945

Dear Anna Ruth,

It seems as though I have neglected to write for a couple of weeks again, doesn't it. Can't say it is too bad though, because I haven't heard from you fro some time either. Fine thing when you can't get a letter from your own sister.

I am still working in the P.X. It isn't hard work at all, and I enjoy it, and the extra money we get comes in handy, but still I think I had rather be back with my company doing my regular job. I don't know how long I will be with the P.X. but think I will try to go back to my job soon.

I am glad you are going home, and I hope you have a nice time while you are there I wish we could be home together, but maybe we can later.

Will you get something and take it to mother for "Mother's Day"? Just something for remembrance, and tell me what it is and how much it set you back.

How is the baby doing now? In a couple months or so, she will be old enough to start walking, won't she?

It has bee pretty nice here lately. The sun has been shining and looks like spring back home. Of course it rains a lot and keeps the ground muddy, but it has been very nice as a whole.

I still haven't been to any of the larger towns, and working here doesn't give me much chance to get away. Still, I hope to get to London soon.

I am going to write a request for some things I need on a separate sheet of paper, and you can send them to me when you get a chance if you will. I need two green (dark) oversea caps (Air Corps Braid). Not the type with a bill but the little "go to hell" type. I need two in case I loose one and I probably will. No trouble for me to lose a hat you know. I would also like to have some stationary. I hate the small tablets and that is all we can get. So send me some good. I will also take the coffee you said you wanted to send me.

Tell me how much all of this is, and I will send you a money order to cover it.

Take care of yourself, and tell the others I said hello.

Love always,
George