Letter No. 115 | Sunday April 22, 1945

Cpl. George Dicus 34700627
Hq & Hq Sqdn,
IX Air Force Service Command
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Mr. L. H. Dicus
Scottsboro, Alabama

V-Mail
France
April 22, 1945

Dearest Mother, Daddy, and Anna Ruth,

Got your letter today with Martha's picture in it. It is hard to imagine her that big. She sure has grown since I saw her. She is a sweet looking little girl, and very pretty. The only thing that I don't like is her hair. Why did you have bangs out? I think her hair would look much better if you would fix it right. If you don't have her hair fixed up right I sure will when I get there , even if you shoot me for it. Send me some pictures of her when you get her all sharped up. How old is she anyway, About 19 months I think.

You don't know me very well, do you? Why mother, what gives you the idea that I am about to get married? Don't worry. It will be a long long time before I will even think of it, and it will be to an American girl I will assure you when I do. That is not throwing any reflections on these French girls, because some of them are plenty sharp, and are very nice. I have met a lot of nice girls at the dances in Paris. Of course the ones that I meet could speak a little bit of English, or otherwise I wouldn't have been able to talk to them.

We have been pretty busy today. Had a little work that got piled up, but everything was caught up, and everything is OK now. It comes in pretty fast sometimes, and it takes a little extra work to get caught up. So happened, all of us in this office caught guard duty this week so that was one reason for us to get a little behind.

Everything is nice and green here now. It has been pretty hot, but has been a little bit cooler for the past few nights. Guess the weather is nice there now, and everyone is going swimming out at the lake.

Went to the show tonight, and saw some western picture. First one that I have seen in a long time though, so it wasn't so bad. the lights go off at 11:00 in the tents, and I haven't fixed my bed, so must hurry.

Never felt better in my life, and hope you are all OK. Keep writing me often and take care of yourselves.

Love always,
George