Letter No. 128 | Saturday July 14, 1945

Cpl. George Dicus 34700627
Hq & Hq Sq (Signal Section)
IX Air Force Service Command
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Mr. L. H. Dicus
Scottsboro, Alabama

V-Mail Service
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
July 14, 1945

Dearest Folks,

This is my day off, but I am a long way from where I had planned to be today. Parkhill and I had planned to go up to Germany in the German car that we had picked up. The Col. found out we had it though, and made him turn it in. We were going up around Frankfurt last night, and come back tomorrow afternoon. Good things don't last long before someone comes along, and spoils it. Then we decided to get a hair cut, and go downtown this afternoon, and get our pictures taken. Our laundry didn't get back, so that spoiled that idea also. 

Do you remember Doty, the boy back in the other Co. (The 859th) that I use to pal around with? I think I am getting him up here. One of the fellows is leaving the section, and I recommended him to take his place, and the personnel officer is trying to get him. I sure hope he does, because he was a good friend of mine, and it would be much better for him if he can get out of the Co. He might have a chance to get a rating here, and he sure doesn't there. If there is anyone back in the Co. to take his place, I guess he will be up here in a couple of days or so. It has sure been hot here for the past couple days. I am off this afternoon, and don't know what to do. Before the evening is over, I guess we will go out for a swim. No we won't either, the swimming pool is closed. Think I will close this letter now, because the Capt. is coming this way to ask me to do something. That is the reason it is so poor. I have written this in about two minutes trying to get away from here before I get stuck here. 

Love always,
George