Letter No. 16 | Friday April 2, 1943

Co. "A" A.A.S.
Branch #3 Class #5
Brookings, South Dakota

Friday April 2, 1943

Dear Mother and Daddy,

After so long of a time I am in South Dakota. We rode 3 days and 3 nights. It wasn't so bad though because we had pullovers.

They really mean business here. We got here last night, and are now P.F.C. (pretty good eh!) We already know we are going to have to work. Get up at 5:30 and get off at 9:30. Will be here 8 weeks, and will become cpl. I think, if we pass.

We are right on the university campus. Most of the boys are gone, but there are a lot of pretty girls here (ha ha).

It is 6:30 now, and we have already had one hour of exercise. Boy is it cold out. It is very nice in the dorms.

I think I am going to like this place, but I will write more later.

I feel fine. Didn't even get sick of the train.

Will write soon.

Love,
George