Letter No. 20 | Thursday April 22, 1943

Army Administration School
Enlisted Branch No. 3
Brookings, South Dakota

Thursday April 22, 1943

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

Got your letter today, and am sorry I haven't written sooner. I will try to do better.

I have enough work to do tonight to last me a week, so I must get started.

I am getting along fine. I am Student Company Commander today. Took the boys around in front of 2 col. to pass in reviews. There are 4 Co. here, and a Lt. told me that I was the only one that did it right.

It is warmer here now but still no sign of spring. There are no leaves on the trees or anything.

We do not get promotions here. We only get recommendations to take with us, so far I think I have them fooled pretty good.

We have been here almost 3 weeks now, and I still don't like clerical work. I guess I will get use to it sometime though. It is about the most complicated, and more things to memorize in it than I have ever seen.

I hope I get to come closer South when school is out. Anyway, I am going to try to get a leave and come home.

The boys here are fine. We get along fine, and have a pretty good time along with our work.

I am enjoying your letters so much. I wanted to get an Easter card to go with this, but I couldn't get to it. I thought about your birthday Daddy and wanted to send you something. I am thinking about both of you though, because I love you more than anything else in the world.

Love always,
George