Letter No. 31 | Saturday July 3, 1943

Pfc. George H Dicus
865th Chemical Co., Air Ops.
Army Air Base
Reno, Nevada

Saturday July 3, 1943

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

You know, it is pretty hard to understand the army sometimes. My kidneys have completely cleared up now, but they still have me sitting around here waiting to go to general hospital. They don't even look at me, give me any medicine or anything. They just want to see what did cause the trouble.

The red cross is taking a group of us to Virginia City tomorrow to a celebration. I guess we will have a good time.

My Company has gone to Fresno and I don't guess I will get mail from you for a few days. When you write to me, address the letter to Ward 4, Base Hospital instead of 865 Chemical Co., and I will get it sometime.

It is pretty hot here now, and the sand is blowing a lot. Yep! this is the dessert.

We went to a show here in the hospital this afternoon "Hudson's Bay." It was a little bit old, but I enjoyed it anyway.

I want you to know that I feel fine, and am getting fat as a pig laying around here. Don't worry about me.

I really don't know a thing to write about. It is just the same old routine.

Write soon and often.

Love always,
George