Letter No. 41 | Thursday September 16, 1943

Pfc. George Dicus
865th Chemical Co. A.O.
AAF Fresno BTC
Fresno 2, Calif.

Thursday September 16, 1943

Dearest Mother and Anna Ruth,

I am pretty sleepy, but I am going to try to write a couple pages.

There is a big mix up on this post with Chemical Warfare. They are breaking up a lot of the Company. I am going into a different one right. There might be a chance that we might ship across sometime before too long. That is why I wanted the money. I am getting a good supply of everything, and am going to be ready if anything should happen. When I sent you the telegram, it looked as though we were going right away, but things seem to be slowing up now, and we don't know what to expect. Don't think too much about this. I will let you know if anything new pops up. I would like to come home first, and I think now that I might have a good chance later on. I am ready to go if they do go. It is not bad at all from all reports that the older boys in the Company have heard from the boys across. They say that they would much rather be there, and that the Chemical Warfare is always in the safest places. Remember now, don't think too much about this, because it is not going to happen soon. I just wanted to get a good supply of razor blades (about 500) and etc.

I am still working in Physical Training in the mornings, but I am working in the office in the afternoons, and we have been working at night a lot. In fact, it is 11:00 PM now, and I am just getting through with my work, so you can see I am whipped. I have to be back on that field by 7:00 AM in the morning, so good night, and I will write as soon as we find out the score on what we are going to do.

Love always,
George