Letter No. 48 | Wednesday November 17, 1943

Pfc. George Dicus
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H)
ASCTC
Fresno 2, Calif.

Wednesday November 17, 1943

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

It seems as though the rainy season is about to begin out here. It rained for about two hours pretty hard last night. We think we will be moving out to a new camp about the first of the month. I hope we do, because we will probably be going toward the east coast. That will be good won't it?

I am still working in the office. We are not having as much work as there was when I first came back from furlough, but we still stay pretty busy. The Company went out in the mountains for a two day bivouac, and I didn't have to go. I didn't mind staying here a bit, because it is pretty cold up there they say. There wasn't much work to be done in the office while they were gone, so I had it pretty easy.

I hadn't written to Anna Ruthe when you were asking, but I have now. In fact, I got into a writing spree the other night, and wrote a group of letters. That is something I very seldom do.

I saw a good show last night. If you get a chance to see it, don't miss it, "Lassie Came Home." I thought it was pretty good. It was about a dog.

Have you heard anything more about the watch? It may be a long time before he gets any watches in. They have some pretty nice Greun watches in the Post Exchange for $34.34. I think they have 17 jewels. You might ask bill what he thinks about them.

You ask if we will have turkey for Thanksgiving. I guess so, but I am going to try to get invited out. I think that, that will be nicer than eating in the mess hall, don't you.

They are going to have a group of girls up town pretty soon, and are going to take a bunch of us boys in to try to talk them into joining the service. They better not take me, because I will discourage them. I don't approve of having girls in the Army.

My address has changed again. The ASCTC stands for Air Service Command Training Center.

Write soon and remember,

I love you,
George

P.S. I am enclosing $5