Letter No. 49 | Sunday November 28, 1943

Pfc. George Dicus
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H)
ASC TC
Fresno 2, Calif.

Sunday November 28, 1943

Dearest Mother,

I have just come off guard duty, and it is getting late, so this must be short. Everyone had to pull guard, because there is not a guard squadron here now. I had two prisioners to work, and did I have to watch them. They were Mexicans and I think they would run if they had a chance. If they do get away, you have to serve their stretch, so I was right after them. That will be the last time I will have that though.

I got the money, but the watches are already gone. They are expecting to get some new ones in right away though, and they think they will be Elgins this time. I am going to get one if they do come, but if they don't, I will send the money back.

The boys that went out on the last bunch for furloughs came back tonight. I know how it feels to come back, so I am sorry for them.

We expect to be leaving here sometime next month. Of course we don't know when, or where, but it will probably be the East Coast. In fact, we are going to move soon, but when, is not definite.

I got a letter from Turk (12 pages too) and a card from Albert. They both seem to be pretty happy. I guess daddy will be getting into Edinburg (Texas) tomorrow. I am glad he went, and I know he will enjoy it, and Aunt Ann will be glad he came. The thing is though, I want you to just take things easy while he is gone, and have a good time. I intend to write to him soon.

Take care of yourself, and remember that I think you are the sweetest person in the world.

Love always,
George

P.S. I hope you can read this.