Letter No. 68 | Wednesday April 19, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Wednesday April 19, 1944

Dear Mother and Daddy,

I wonder if you have been getting my mail. I haven't gotten but very few letters from you for a long time, and I know that I will get more soon. I got a letter today dated March 27. A lot of mail came in today dated April 11 & 12.

We are still playing around, and not doing much of anything. I am still working in the P.X. We had a lot of work today, because supplies came in, and had to be packed away. I like the work a lot, but don't know how long I will be with it.

I got a letter from Nix today. He is about the only boy left around there, isn't he?

Tell Albert that he owes me a letter. Send me his address, and I will write to him again though.

You might go around and give the paper my correct APO No. The papers get here, but are awfully old when they do come.

It seems as though I will never get to London. I have a good intention to go, but seems as though I can't get around to it. I will make it some time, and then I will write and tell you all about it. So far I have been to the small towns around here.

I haven't seen any of the boys around here that I know. I did write a couple of them and maybe we will meet on pass sometime.

I will write again soon – sleepy now.

Take care of yourself and write soon.

Love always,
George

P.S. I am going to send a request for food next page.

Please send a box of food. If possible send assorted nuts. I would also like candy or anything to eat.

Love,
George