Letter No. 72 | Sunday June 11, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Sunday June 11, 1944

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

I have just gotten back from church. The Army Chaplin was at the Post Theater tent, and held a nice service.

I understand that our mail was held up for sometime before the invasion took place, and you probably think I am right in the middle of it. I am still in the same place that I was and more than likely, will stay here. you probably know more about what is going on by reading the paper than we do here.

I went to town last night, and went to a dance at the American Red Cross Club. They had donuts and coffee, and was pretty nice.

I got a big box of candy from you yesterday. Thanks – we are enjoying it a lot.

Got a letter from Anna Ruth today. She seemed to have had a lot of fun while she was there. She also said that you two seemed to be doing fine. I was glad to hear that.

We are pretty busy now. I am still working in the office, but there is usually something to do to keep you busy. If you shouldn't get a letter for a few days, don't get worried, because I am O.K. It might be held up up or I might slip up and not write for a couple of days, although I intend to write pretty often.

I bought a new watch at the P.X. It is a good watch, so I think I will send my old one home to be fixed up.

Take care of yourself, and write soon.

Love you,
George