Letter No. 74 | Sunday July 9, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H) Det "A"
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, New York

England
Sunday July 9, 1944 (postmark - no date on letter)

Dearest Mother,

I am glad you have started to get my letters. Your letters have been coming in pretty regularly all along. I hope they keep coming in the same way all along.

It has been very nice here lately. We have had nice weather. In fact, a couple of the days remind me of weather back home about this time of year. In other words, it was hot. Of course you can't tell from one day to the next how it will change though.

I have a nice phonograph now. It is a big one, about two feet long, and is a good one. I have about 25 records, and we keep it going. I also have a bike now. It is not the best you have ever seen, but it will take you places, and that is what counts. Fixed up pretty good eh?

I haven't heard from daddy yet. Can't say as I expect to though, because I haven't written to him. We seem to depend on you to let each other know how we are, where we are, and how we are. Just as well I guess, but I am going to write him pretty soon. He is probably pretty busy, and doesn't have time to write.

Mother, don't think anything about gas, because we won't have anything to do with it. In fact we are not going to do much of anything. This Co. does some work, but not anything that would cause you to worry about me.

I don't know any news, so will write more later. Take care of yourself, and have a good time.

Love always,
George