Letter No. 86 | Saturday October 14, 1944

[NOTE: This letter is out of sequence. I just found it and will just insert it here, rather than go back and renumber.]

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (M&H)
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, N.Y.

Mrs. L. H. Dicus
Scottsboro, Alabama

V-Mail
France

Dearest Mother,

 I will have to write V-Mail to you because I don't have any stamps, and can't get them here. Send me some when you get a chance.

We haven't done a great deal since we have been here. It is almost like England, except for the mud, and not being able to understand the people. They seem very friendly though, and like to hang around our camp. Changing from English money to Franks was easy. Most of this money is notes, and very little change.

I haven't heard from Daddy yet. I wonder if he is still in Washington. We haven't had mail from anyone in a long time. We think it should start coming through anytime though. I hope so because I hate to write when I don't have a letter to answer.

Don't forget to send my old French book to me if you can find it. They gave us a little guide, but it is not much help.

Don't worry about me mother, because I am O.K. We get plenty to eat, and everything is fine. Just take care of yourself, and remember that I love you and think about you lots.

My love,
George