Letter No. 89 | Saturday November 11, 1944

Pfc. George Dicus 34700627
859th Chemical Co. A.O. (H,M,L or D)
A.P.O. #149
c/o Postmaster, New York, N.Y.

France
November 11, 1944

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

Winter is here. It's been pretty cold for the past few days. The bad part of it, we have moved back out in tents again. We have made wooden floors, and walls up about four ft. We threw dirt around the sides, and have a wooden door. As far as tents go, it is very nice. We have a generator that works part time. When it gets going good we have electric lights.

I didn't know William Derrick had left the states. Send me his address when you get it, and I will write to him.

When you send me another package, send me a bottle of cough syrup. I have had a little cough, but it is O.K. now. I get some cough syrup here but it has a that will lift the top of your head.

I must have some letters on the way from you. I got a letter telling about your trip home, and I didn't even know that daddy was even in N.J. You had just about been over the states again in the past few months, haven't you daddy?

Seems as though I can think of a lot of things I need, but send me a pocket knife. I think there is a boy scout knife there in that collection laying around the house. That would be the very thing.

My packages haven't started to come in yet. Some of the boys got one or two, so it shouldn't be long now.

Is Albert going to get a discharge, or is he hurt that bad? I hope he gets out, but still I hope there is not much wrong with him. He was probably glad to get back to the states anyway. I guess he was getting tired of laying around in the hospital over here.

There is not much news so I think I will wash up a little, and go to bed.

I am O.K., and there is nothing to worry about. Take care of yourself and write often.

Love you,
George