Letter No. 91 | Thursday November 23, 1944

Pvt George Dicus 34700627
Hq, 2nd Adv. Air Depot Area
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

France
November 23, 1944

Dearest Mother and Daddy,

Thought I would go to the show tonight, but when I got over to the show I had already seen it, so this is a good time to write to you. "Step Lively" was on. It is pretty good, if you like "Frankie."

Tomorrow is a big day. One of the boys was downtown the other night, and who do you think they met? Mose Branum. He ask him if he knew me, and he said Mose almost fell over. He is coming over to see me about ten o'clock in the morning. He is stationed pretty close to me, so I will probably get to see him pretty often. It sure will be nice to see someone from home.

I was in Paris on pass the other day, and got a few things that I am going to send home pretty soon. Paris is the nicest place that I have seen yet. There are so many places to go, and lots of things to see. You can't get around to see all of them at one time. It was raining, so I couldn't get around very much. I am going again pretty soon though, and try to see everything. When I get around to it, I will write to you and tell you about it, and send you pictures of the places that I see. It is just as modern as any place you cold hope to see.

My mail hasn't started to come in since I have been transferred. It should start pretty soon, but when it does, it will come pretty slow I guess. The boys that have been here all along haven't been getting much mail.

I have been pretty busy today. The other boy that works in the same office with me was on pass, so I had all of the work to do. The work is not too hard, but there is plenty of it, and keeps you pretty busy all the time. I enjoy it though, and am getting along OK.

Have you enjoyed Thanksgiving today? We had a very nice dinner. Turkey with all the trimmings. It was cooked real good, and I enjoyed it a lot. We have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? I hope we can all be together next year, and enjoy Thanksgiving together. Won't that be nice?

One of the boys that lives in the same room, and works in the same department with me, lives in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and knows several boys that I do.

I won't know anything to write about, but think I will try to write Anna Ruth a short letter and then go to bed. I haven't written to her lately, so I had better write before she gets mad. I hate to write when I don't have a letter to answer though.

I thought about you today, and hope you had the very best Thanksgiving possible. I have the nicest mother and dad in the world.

Love you,
George