Letter No. 101 | Wednesday January 24, 1945

Pvt George Dicus 34700627
Hq, 2nd Adv. Air Depot Area
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Mrs. Paul J. Campbell
[NOTE: The letter was addressed and mailed to NJ and then forwarded to Alabama]
Box 175
Scottsboro, Ala.

France
January 24, 1945

Dearest Anna Ruth,

The water has been turned off for the past few days, and has been rationed pretty close. It came on again today, and after a good hot shower and shave, I feel fine.

It is been a long time since I've heard from you, but mother told me about you going to move to Chattanooga. I think that as swell. I am sure that you are glad to be getting back south again. It will be nice to be so close to home, and can go and come when you please. If mother or daddy either should get sick, you could be there in no time at all. They will be happy as they can be when you get there also.

I have been going out a lot lately, and having all the fun that I can. I have decided that I had better because there is no telling how long that I will be in a nice easy-going outfit like this one. Some of us may be pulled in for the real purpose that we were sent over here for most anytime now. I Don't know when, what, where, how, or anything about it now though. Don't say anything to mother about it though, because you know how she would worry. I am just having a good time while I can, and am just waiting, and ready for anything that might come my way.

If you are in N.J. now, I guess it is pretty cold, and if you are down south, it is not very warm there either I don't guess. We still have several inches of snow. My room has steam heat though, so I am doing fine.

I have gotten about 3 packages from you, but am sure that there must be more in the bunch that I heard was coming down from the old Co. I have gotten the records, and a box with candy in it already. They are very nice. thanks a lot for them.

The boys have a French News Broadcast on the radio now, and are arguing as to what they say. We heard the news a few minutes ago, and it is still good. I hope they don't stop this time until the thing is "finis," compris?

I had the best intentions to write a long letter to you tonight, but have had a lot of interruptions.

Write soon, and

All my love,
George