Letter No. 106 | Friday February 21, 1945

Cpl. George Dicus 34700627
Hq, 2nd Adv. Air Depot Area
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Mr. L. H. Dicus
Scottsboro, Alabama

France
February 21, 1945

Dearest Mother, Daddy & Anna Ruth,

This has been a very nice day here. In fact it was the kind of day that we hear about, but comes very seldom. We worked until noon, but had a party that lasted all afternoon, and on into the night. First, we had chow served out on the lawn, picnic style. So happened, it was one of those rare days in France, and the sun was out, and it was very nice in fact. After chow, we played ball until 4 pm. After this, we went to the mess hall, and saw a good U.S.O. show. Tonight, we went to a good movie. It had been very nice all the way through, and I am all in favor of having more days like today has been.

I really pull some good ones, but this one tops them all I think. While going through some papers this morning, I found a letter that I wrote you about a week ago, and though it should be there by now. It has been censored, and is all ready to go, so I will send it along anyway. I think it has a picture of the section in it that I am very anxious to hold on to anyway.

In case you don't notice it, or that is, if I fail to mention it in my next letter, notice my new address. By the way, have you noticed the change in my status now? How about that? Don't get the wrong idea about the change either. I am not going into the Infantry.

I told you about going to be the best man for my buddies wedding, didn't I? He is marrying an English girl that is in the A.T.S. They correspond to our WACs. It is to be quite an affair. I don't know what a best man is supposed to do, but I guess I will find out more about it about April 2. He is the boy that I was telling you about that is from Ala. He is a good guy, and we get along swell together. He is marrying a real nice girl also, and I think it will be very nice.

I think it is fine that you are home now A.R., and am sure that you are all having a good time. I hope that a you will stay there a long time before going on to "Nooga". It will be close enough to where you can come home pretty often anyway.

You have really been banging the ducks lately haven't you daddy? How much longer does duck season last? When I get back, we will go in for a little hunting, what do you say?

Everything is fine here, and I am doing fine. Take care of yourselves, and write real often. Mother, make A.R. and Daddy write sometime. I know that you will never fail me, and I do appreciate it.

Lots of love,
George

P.S. You might send candy or something.