Letter No. 131 | Tuesday July 17, 1945

Cpl. George Dicus 34700627
Hq & Hq Sq (Signal Section)
IX Air Force Service Command
APO 149, c/o Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Mr. L. H. Dicus
Scottsboro, Alabama

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
July 17, 1945

Dearest Folks,

How are you going about this sudden change of receiving all of these letters from me lately. I have really surprised myself. The only trouble is, I haven't been getting much mail from you. Let's not have this thing one sided. I still like to get mail.

I am pretty mad at the girl that takes my laundry. She has really let me down. Usually, I can turn in my laundry to her, and she will have it back within 3 to 5 days. She took it about 10 days ago, and hasn't returned it as yet. I am going out in the hall and look her up in a couple of minutes, and tell her what I think about it, and then hope for better results.

Mother I wish you were here to tell this M/Sgt off. He has been sitting here arguing with me. I told him if he doesn't go and leave me alone that I would tell my mother on him. What do you think I should do? I think I will give him a swift kick in the seat of the pants and see if that will do any good.

I am browned off again. No promotions came out for this Hq. again. They say it will come out the first of the month now, but I have my doubts. Seems as though I might as well forget about the rating, and get prepared to stay Cpl. for the duration plus 6.

Has William Derrick gotten home yet? I got a letter from him not long ago, and he was ready to start back then, so I guess he is home now, and is getting ready to move on to the next theater. 

I still haven't heard if my buddy from the old outfit is going to get to come up here or not. Something should come up on it any time now, and I sure hope that he does get to come up here. We hd a lot of fun together back in the old outfit.

It is still pretty warm here, and not much doing in the office. It will be nice to see it get cold again, and then I will have something net to gripe about. I will want it to get hot again then.

Be good, and write soon.

Love you,
George